Through John Simmonds,
Simcosec offers the provision of an experienced and qualified
Company Secretary as an extra resource to provide assistance
company secretarial tasks.
Simcosec Pty Limited does not seek to place John Simmonds in a formal company secretarial role
– the formal role remains with a full time employee in a senior position, e.g. the CFO or the CEO.
The level of work undertaken by Simcosec on behalf of that person is
defined by mutual agreement as to how much assistance is required.
Company Secretarial and associated administrative matters
- Statutory reporting obligations
- Lodgements with and dealings with ASIC
- Corporate governance matters
- Dealings with ASX for listed companies
- Preparation for and running annual general meetings and other shareholder meetings
- Documentation to de-register companies no longer required to be maintained
Board and Board Committee meetings
Assistance with:Attending Board and Board committee meetings, including meeting preparation, agenda planning, minutes of the meetings, schedule of matters arising and follow up actions from the meetings.
John is also available to act in the role of Australian resident director for foreign companies.
Simcosec currently assists:
- Thorn Group Limited (ASX listed)
- CI Group Holdings Pty Limited
- Relax Advertising and Marketing Pty Limited
During the last 10 years, Simcosec has assisted:
- AWA Limited (unlisted public)
- Staging Connections Limited (previously ASX listed)
- NRMA Motoring and Services
- Police Credit Union
- Cocoon Data Holdings Limited (unlisted public)
John Simmonds also held a resident directorship of Tumbleweed Communications Corp. (a California based company, since taken over)
1977 to 2004
Company Secretary of David Jones Limited since November 1995 and Company Secretary of the predecessor David Jones Limited from 1982, including role as Treasurer and previously as Assistant Company Secretary
1967 to 1977
Westpac Banking Corporation in London, Melbourne and Sydney, spent mostly in the Investment Division in securities administration and as Secretary of the Bank’s nominee company
1960 TO 1967
Administrative experience in the Purser’s Office on various passenger liners of P&O Orient Lines
FGIA – Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia (formerly Chartered Secretaries Australia Ltd)
FCIS – Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
FFin – Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australia – FINSIA (2005 amalgamation of the Securities Institute of Australia + the Australasian Institute of Banking and Finance)
FIPA – Fellow of the Institute of Public Accountants
AFAIM – Associate Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management